Random Perl ... rant

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 08:20:11 BST 2008

I hope that is not against the etiquette  here to post links to my
PerlMonks posts (it looks like very on topic in this thread):

Have you heard about recent startups using Perl?
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=676335 - Looks like not many new
companies use Perl

What can bring the excitement back to Perl?
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=676072

It is the ecosystem - http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=674541 -
Frankly I would not choose Perl (as language) over Python or Ruby -
but nothing can beat CPAN.  And it is not that easy to copy - because
it is not only technology but also the organisations, the culture
around it.

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 12:56 AM, Paul Makepeace <paulm at paulm.com> wrote:
> On 4/2/08, Peter Edwards <peter at dragonstaff.com> wrote:
>
>  >  <shrug> at least I can sleep at night knowing I'm not using .NET
>
>  Erm, .NET's runtime, development environment, and choice of languages
>  is so far beyond where Perl is it's difficult to know where to start.
>
>  Perhaps you're just trolling.

Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/