Random Perl ... rant

Iain Barnett iainspeed at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 12:50:37 BST 2008

On 4 Apr 2008, at 7:18 am, Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> * On Thu, Apr 03 2008, Iain Barnett wrote:
>> I can think of one good reason to use perl instead of C# - C# is not
>> for scripting. It gets more difficult after that, but perhaps you've
>> got some better ones?
>
> Why do you care what programming language we use?
>
> If you like C#, use it.  If you like gooey IDEs, use them.  Nobody is
> stopping you.
>
> Regards,
> Jonathan Rockway

Too much hubris in the perl community to read emails properly?

a) I *do* use C#. I also use perl.
b) I *do* like some IDE's.
c) Nobody is stopping me

All that was made blantantly clear to anyone with the care to read
what I've written, or the ability to comprehend simple english.

So, what was the point of *your* email? Was it to highlight the
reasons perl is going to eat itself? (through a stuck up community
clinging onto the notion that their language of choice is the best
while everyone else overtakes it)

Well done, the PR nightmare that is the perl community continues ;)

Iain