Random Perl ... rant

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 15:17:23 BST 2008

On 04/04/2008, Jacqui Caren <Jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>  We gave up on NM some time ago. Having done it I have heard
>
>   "I *know* its what I asked for but it isn't what I want!"
>
>  or similar once too often. I, sure they never review the prototypes
>  and only open thier eyes when it goes live...

Definately wise. This is still the most common complaint on the WAUK
list, and pretty much anywhere freelancers congregate.

>  OTOH I have heard of the dosh VC++ and java coders get for the congestion
> charge project and I wish I could afford 4K lenses and 13K cameras like a CC
> developer I know :-(

That would be working for one of the big government services
companies, rather than the language used, just be glad that there is a
special circle in hell for them.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk