Scripted installs

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Apr 17 11:55:17 BST 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 07:59:09PM -0400, Chris Devers wrote:
[...]
> Spending time with Debian very nearly completely weaned me off needing to
> ever go to CPAN directly, as most popular modules already are packaged.
> Sadly, that doesn't help much on Red Hat variants or Macs...

After trying a few different ways to hack on Catalyst apps on my Mac, I
eventually gave up and installed Parallels and Debian. The Debian instance
NFS-mounts /Users from the host so I can use native Mac applications to edit
the files.

Macs are great pointy-drooly no-nonsense desktop boxes. They're not so great
as Unix workstations.