Fibromyalgia pub crawl, Saturday 10 May

Kake L Pugh kake at earth.li
Sun Apr 20 11:03:11 BST 2008

A friend of mine has fibromyalgia and is organising a very slow pub
crawl on Saturday 10th May to coincide with a 5km walk/run being held
in the US to raise funds and awareness.

It's not going to be a boisterous "drink as much as we can" pub
crawl.  We're going to pubs along the way because we like pubs but
also because people with fibro generally can't walk anywhere near 5km
without taking lots of breaks.

If you'd like to come along, please let me know offlist and I'll make
sure you get the details once they're arranged.  You can also register
as a virtual participant in the US walk (which costs $35 and must be
done by 25 April) if you like, but this is completely optional.

To register (or donate, if you can't make it along but would like to
do something):
  http://www.fmaware.org/goto/londoncrawling

All money raised goes to the charity that's organising the US event.

My friend has also written some stuff here about what fibro means to her:
  http://www.fmaware.org/site/TR/AwarenessDay/General?pg=personal&fr_id=1030&fr_id=1030&px=1398741
aka http://tinyurl.com/5awmrx

Kake
PS I asked Greg if it was OK to post about this and he said yes.