Flash!

Jacqui Caren Jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Tue May 6 18:05:22 BST 2008

Andy Wardley wrote:
> a few months ago because I finally got the chance to snowboard down the
> golf course at the top of my road (South Downs, Guildford).

I *really* miss street ice skating at home when I was 18ish.

I use to work at an ice rink and spent ~6 hours a day skating
(like SWD being paid to skate was just wonderfull) but skating
in car tracks uphill and downhill is really crazy fun especially
late at night - very surreal.

Jacqui

p.s. there is a plastic ski place at bracknell
just a tad north of you... and it has quite a tatty ice rink
but with some rather good hard ice. I dont ski or board
so have no idea what the outside slope is like.

Finally someone at the surrey LUG pointed me towards the info
to make a home snow machine - and we just happen to have
the right size spare compressor and pressure washer :-)

Perhaps next year some home made snow and a white xmas