[A little OT] Professional indemnity Insurance

Chris Jack chris_jack at msn.com
Thu May 8 14:05:04 BST 2008

Has anyone ever come across anyone who has actually been sued as a computer contractor working in a service capacity? I've heard of rare cases of imprisonment, but never anyone being pursued for money. I've always assumed it was
a) too difficult to prove
b) too unlikely to get more than legal fees back
c) too big a risk to reputation (and I can name several companies where is was a terminating offense to damage the firms reputation)

I don't recall even people like Nick Leeson getting sued (but I guess he didn't contract). My experience is if someone is isn't liked, they get shuffled out the door PDQ.

Who gets sued in any case? Is it the private limited company or the contractor?

Chris