Mobile phone broadband suggestions

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri May 16 11:56:03 BST 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 09:01:50AM +0100, Edmund von der Burg wrote:

> What should she get so that she has a decent handset to access email
> and basic web on, and can also connect with her Apple laptop to the
> net? I doubt she'll be going over a gig a month, any big downloading
> will be done in London.

If you want it to Just Work, get one of the PCMCIA 3G cards.  They'll
fall back to plain old GPRS if 3G isn't available.

Or you could go crazy and use a real honest-to-god modem.  With a wire
going into the wall.  I have an acoustic coupler I can sell you if you
like.

--
David Cantrell | Cake Smuggler Extraordinaire

          All praise the Sun God
          For He is a Fun God
          Ra Ra Ra!