Javascript book recommendation needed

Paul Mison lists at songtwo.demon.co.uk
Fri May 16 23:40:39 BST 2008

2008/5/16 Mehmet Suzen <mehmet.suzen at physics.org>:
> Couple of weeks ago, my brother has suggested me this :
>
> http://extjs.com/
>
> looks promising...anyone tried this before?

Well, firstly, given a discussion on learning the JavaScript language,
I'd hardly recommend a library. That's like someone asking how to
learn Perl and being shown Moose. (This analogy may be flawed.)

Secondly, extjs has been kicking up a bit of controversy with its
licensing strategy, if you can call it that; it seems more like a
flail. Here's a critical take:

http://pablotron.org/?cid=1556

As he says, all the cool kids use jQuery.

--
Paul Mison
http://husk.org/