more Dave's than women - was Re: Ancient History

Andrew Black andrew-perl08 at mail.black1.org.uk
Sun May 18 23:12:11 BST 2008

Andrew Black wrote:
> On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 12:35:05PM +0100, Steve Mynott wrote:
>> Photos of which appear at
>>
>> http://london.pm.org/nx_meetings/1998_aug.shtml
>
> And the  Dave > Women assertion was true

I am curious about the origin of the phrase "more Dave's than women".
I thought it was a reference to the shadow cabinet when David Cameron
became leader.

But the following quote suggests it is older than that

http://www.webcomicsnation.com/shaenongarrity/narbonic_plus/series.php?view=archive&chapter=16753