Recruiter spam

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Fri May 23 13:21:38 BST 2008

I received a spam today from a recruitment consultant in which he said
he'd sourced my details from the london.pm web site. Which is obviously
the people page: http://london.pm.org/who/

I'm going to update my profile to be clear that I don't wish to hear
from recruiters but I thought I'd ask if it would be better to have a
blanket ban at the top of the page which people could override if they
wanted to ?

Leaving aside the falsehood of thinking that just because my details are
on the web it's ok to pimp me a job, for $that_movie_rental_company of
all places, it wouldn't hurt to be explicit about it on the site somehow.

Simon.