Recruiter spam

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri May 23 14:55:43 BST 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 01:21:38PM +0100, Simon Wilcox wrote:

> I received a spam today from a recruitment consultant in which he said
> he'd sourced my details from the london.pm web site. Which is obviously
> the people page: http://london.pm.org/who/

I wouldn't classify that as spam, as it's not really been sent in bulk
without regard for who the recipient is.

> I'm going to update my profile to be clear that I don't wish to hear
> from recruiters but I thought I'd ask if it would be better to have a
> blanket ban at the top of the page which people could override if they
> wanted to ?

That wouldn't stop the unethical ones - which is most of 'em.

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.
At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear
shoes, bathe and not make messes in the house.
   -- Robert A Heinlein