Recruiter spam

David Cantrell david at
Fri May 23 15:51:15 BST 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 03:14:59PM +0100, Matt Jones wrote:
> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 2:55 PM, David Cantrell <david at> wrote:
> > On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 01:21:38PM +0100, Simon Wilcox wrote:
> >> I received a spam today from a recruitment consultant in which he said
> >> he'd sourced my details from the web site. Which is obviously
> >> the people page:
> > I wouldn't classify that as spam, as it's not really been sent in bulk
> > without regard for who the recipient is.
> I duuno about that. Unsolicited? Check. Commercial? Check. Email?
> Check. Ergo: spam.

If you say that spam has to be commercial then presumably unsolicited
bulk email hawking a god or a politician or a charity or a fraud or,
indeed, a hopelessly stupid business idea is OK?  Commercial is
irrelevant.  It's being sent in bulk that matters.

David Cantrell |

I think the most difficult moment that anyone could face is seeing
their domestic servants, whether maid or drivers, run away
  -- Abdul Rahman Al-Sheikh, writing at