Recruiter spam

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Fri May 23 17:36:09 BST 2008

paddy at panici.net wrote:

>>> I duuno about that. Unsolicited? Check. Commercial? Check. Email?
>>> Check. Ergo: spam.
>>>
>> That acid test for spam or unsolicited mail is whether the sender is
>> trying to disguise their identity and the origin of the email or not..
>
> huh?  Which part of unsolicited are you having a problem with ?

I think it's a case of Friday pendantry :-)

Spam is more correctly the name given to the mass mailout of email with
disguised from addresses. I should have said UCE instead of spam as it
wasn't a bulk email but an unsolicited commercial communication sent
specifically to me.

But as I said elsewhere, they're same as far as the law is concerned.

S.