Preferred (or "Best", FSVO) svn/FLOSS hosting?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Jun 25 12:13:53 BST 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 01:38:00AM -0700, Randy J. Ray wrote:
> I've been meaning to do this for ages, but I'd like to move my private SVN
> repos that I use for my CPAN modules to a publicly-accessible service.
> Reading recently about the git hosting service that sprang up a few months
> back just reminded me. What are people's preferred choices for this?
> Sourceforge.net? Better options?

I use sourceforge for my CVS repository.  It Just Works, and lots of
people have accounts on it so it's easy to give people access.

The only slight downer os that I have yet to find a way to only give
people write access to particular subdirs.  I have decided not to care,
as I can always revert any mistakes other people make, or restore the
repository from my backups.

--
David Cantrell | Cake Smuggler Extraordinaire

  I don't do .INI, .BAT, or .SYS files.  I don't assign apps to files.
  I don't configure peripherals or networks before using them. I have
  a computer to do all that. I have a Macintosh, not a hobby.
        -- Fritz Anderson