Preferred (or "Best", FSVO) svn/FLOSS hosting?

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at
Wed Jun 25 10:38:47 BST 2008

2008/6/23 Jonathan Stowe <jns at>:
> On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 01:38 -0700, Randy J. Ray wrote:
>> I've been meaning to do this for ages, but I'd like to move my private SVN
>> repos that I use for my CPAN modules to a publicly-accessible service. Reading
>> recently about the git hosting service that sprang up a few months back just
>> reminded me. What are people's preferred choices for this?
>> Better options?
> I moved over to using the google code repository for my CPAN modules
> last year after I got bored having to periodically rebuild my private
> repository.

I'm using googlecode for hosting a couple of projects, and I've hooked
up ohloh for my projects to use it.

Saves me having to set anything up, I just wish you could change the
bug tab to point to an existing external bug queue instead of just
using the google one or none at all.