Lighttpd + FCGI + Perl, anyone?

Gareth Kirwan gbjk at thermeon.com
Fri Jul 11 18:56:51 BST 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 18:29 +0100, Iain Barnett wrote:
> I'm trying to get the above setup to work, but I've found a big fat
> zero when it comes to useful info on how to do this with perl. The
> php and ruby crowd have got endless examples! (perhaps mongers are
> just seen as more resourceful?)
>
> If anyone has managed this, I'm most interested in what the
> fastcgi.server part of the lighttpd.conf looks like, as this is the
> most fatty part of the "big fat zero".
>

> Currently, this won't even let the server start:
>
> fastcgi.server    = ( "/fcgi/" =>
>                        ((
>                        		"host" => "localhost"
>                            ,"socket" => "/tmp/lighttpd.socket"
>                            ,"bin-path" => "/usr/local/bin/perl"
>                        ))
>                      )

I've been doing it for quite a while.
This is an example that expects to find it on one of two sockets, with
simple round robin.

The fastcgi backend is a catalyst app, running under FCGI::ProcManager.

fastcgi.map-extensions  = ( "" => ".dynamic" )

fastcgi.server = ( ".dynamic"
=>
  (("socket" =>
"/etc/lighttpd/sockets/webXG.socket",
    "check-local" =>
"disable",
   ),
   ("socket" =>
"/etc/lighttpd/sockets/webXG_update.socket",
    "check-local" =>
"disable",
  )),
 )