Lighttpd + FCGI + Perl, anyone?

Iain Barnett iainspeed at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 18:29:47 BST 2008

I'm trying to get the above setup to work, but I've found a big fat
zero when it comes to useful info on how to do this with perl. The
php and ruby crowd have got endless examples! (perhaps mongers are
just seen as more resourceful?)

If anyone has managed this, I'm most interested in what the
fastcgi.server part of the lighttpd.conf looks like, as this is the
most fatty part of the "big fat zero".

Currently, this won't even let the server start:

fastcgi.server    = ( "/fcgi/" =>
                       ((
                       		"host" => "localhost"
                           ,"socket" => "/tmp/lighttpd.socket"