ASN.1

Tim Sweetman ti at lemonia.org
Fri Jul 18 08:07:54 BST 2008

On 18 Jul 2008, at 00:08, the hatter wrote:

> Talking of etiquette, I believe it's considered polite to be familiar
> with the appropriate FAQ of a group and be aware of it before posting

There's nothing in that about you sing prop, er, English.

I suggest adding the following:

Q: I CAN USE LOLSPEAK IN DISCUSHUNS ON MALEING LIST PLS?
A: DO NOT WANT. NOT FUNNEE. RLY, STOP NAO PLS

Q: What about TLAs?
A: Fine. Even if it means we mistake Douglas N. Adams for a bunch of
molecular DNA, or Mr Richard Stallman for root mean squared.

Q: What about txtish abbreviations, like "u're" for "you are"?
A: Absolutely not.

(That's assuming that norms and accepted standards do not, in
themselves, violate the meta-norm of "there's even more ways to
freakin' do it, and any statements of preference are merely very
noisy subjective opinions")

Tim