Order of parameters to Configure

Rafael Garcia-Suarez rgarciasuarez at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 09:25:26 BST 2008

2008/7/21 David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk>:
> So I'm having a play with userelocatableinc.  It appears that the order
> of the parameters to Configure matters:
[...]
> The only difference is whether -de comes at the beginning or the end.
> I've not noticed the order being significant before, and indeed all the
> examples in the INSTALL file have -de (or -des) *first*.  Is this a bug?
> Has anyone else noticed it?  Should I mumble at the nice p5p people?

I think that that could be better documented, but Configure -h tells
you (implicitly) about the option order :

$ sh ./Configure -h
Usage: Configure [-dehrsEKOSV] [-f config.sh] [-D symbol] [-D symbol=value]
                 [-U symbol] [-U symbol=] [-A command:symbol...]

> Did you REALLY read all the way to the end?

Yes.

--
'Do you know what they called a sausage-in-a-bun in Quirm?' said Mr Pin,
as the two walked away. --- 'No?' said Mr Tulip. --- 'They called it "le