Google App Engine -- with Perl

Paul Makepeace paulm at
Wed Jul 23 22:20:16 BST 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 7:18 AM, Alistair McGlinchy
<amcglinchy at> wrote:
> Hi All,
> For those looking forward to future nostalgia, this came my way today:
> "I'm happy to announce that the Google App Engine team has given me
> permission to talk about a 20% project inside Google to to add Perl support
> to App Engine. "

Are there any Tcl enthusiasts at Google who would want to add Tcl
support to the App Engine list? Tcl already has a "safe interp"
functionality implemented - it would be a piece of cake to add Tcl
support to App Engine.

Sigh. The greatest scripting language gets left by the wayside, again.'

I dunno, it made me laugh anyway.