[ANNOUNCE] Tech meet, 31 Jul 2008, BUPA House, WC1A 2BA

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Jul 24 14:12:12 BST 2008

We have the following talks lined up:

James Laver
  What perl can learn from PHP
    PHP was once merely a templating language for perl that then
    became a language in its own right. Much as we mock it, there
    are certain advantages.  We should steal them.

Dave Hodgkinson
  The uses and abuses of Apache::Template

Leon Brocard
  10 modules I haven't talked about yet
    I have more than 70 modules on the CPAN and I haven't yet given a talk
    about most of them. I'll pick 10 useful but less-known modules of mine
    and give 2 minute introduction to each of those.

Dave Cross
  Ye Compleat History of Ye Perle Mongers of Olde London Towne (Pt 1)
    London.pm was the first European Perl Mongers group and it started
    ten years ago. So let's get nostalgic and look back over what has
    happened in that time.

There are still about a dozen places left, so if you've not yet signed
up, please email me at work <d.cantrell at outcometechnologies.com> with
TECHMEET in the subject.  Those who have already signed up should by now
have received email confirming that they're on the guest list.  If
you've not received that, please let me know.

Speakers: there will be a VGA projector.  If you need an adapter to
connect your laptop to that, please remember to bring it!

--
David Cantrell | Enforcer, South London Linguistic Massive