perl bless/overload performance problem on RHEL

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at
Mon Sep 1 10:50:01 BST 2008

On this subject, does anyone have access to the RHEL hotfix for this -
ideally the SRPM.  I'd like to be able to check through what they are
doing and test the result.  Currently theres a fix distributed to
customers who shout for it, but not visible to the outside (unless
there is a secret place I'm unaware of for finding it).

The supposedly fixed rpm has version/release 5.8.8-15.el5_2.1

[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham at ]