Pie

Chris Jack (msn) chris_jack at msn.com
Sun Sep 21 12:21:10 BST 2008

Dirk Koopman wrote:
> Chris Jack wrote:
>> Jacqui Caren wrote:
>>
>>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/7622561.stm
>>
>> A nice thought - and a mere 223 miles from EC1
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> I am doing a 9 day trek through the Sahara on behalf of the mental
>> health charity Sane.For more details and to support me, go to:
>> www.justgiving.com/chrisjack
>
> And your reason for not going via Lancashire might be??? A true London
> PMer would laugh at the piddling extra 223 miles for pie, especially as it
> mean travelling via that wonderful airport known as Manchester. You might
> even get more sponsorship...

You're so quick to read sarcasm into my emails. I was working this out - I'm
doing around 100 miles walking in 7 days in Morocco (plus 2 days touristing)
so, at that pace, it would take me 16 days to walk from EC1 to get my pies
but I suspect they would be cold by the time I brought them back to the next
London PM meeting.

I did actually send Holland's an email asking for further details - but they
haven't replied (yet).

I also found this:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/business/s/1066934_hollands_seek
s_pie_tasting_panel which unfortunately says "The new MD is looking to
select two people from the Manchester area to join a 12-person panel from
across the Lancashire region to help ensure products are of the highest
quality" which would make it a choice between moving to Manchester or
leaving London PMers.

I'll have to think about that for a bit...

Chris