London.pm on Upcoming

Dominic Thoreau dominic.thoreau at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 26 16:58:10 BST 2008

2008/9/26 Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk>:

> For probably a year or so now, I (and a couple of other people) have
> been sporadically adding london.pm events to Upcoming
> (http://upcoming.yahoo.com/). These Perl events usually end up looking
> pretty badly attended as few people register their attendance.
>
> In an attempt to make it a bit easier for people to find london.pm
> events (and, hopefully, register their attendance) I've created a
> London.pm group at http://upcoming.yahoo.com/group/12343/.
>
> Please consider joining the group and marking on the site when you know
> you'll be attending one of our events. I think this is an easy way for
> us to demonstrate just how vibrant (if slightly hidden) the London Perl
> community is.

The other day I looked for perl on meetup.com - a group I attend
regularly use as a coordination/advertising site.
Oddly enough, there were already 17 people saying they were interested
in having a Perl meetup. I duly added myself to that list, with a
comment of "Possibly those seeking a Perl meeting up should have a
look at London.pm ?"

Although the wisdom of this may be questionable - I recognize at least
one name as being for a recruiter.....
--
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced"