Apple service providers

Adam Witney awitney at sgul.ac.uk
Tue Oct 7 16:39:29 BST 2008

On 7 Oct 2008, at 16:17, Simon Wilcox wrote:

> So my macbook died[1] and I need to get it fixed under applecare.
>
> Seems I can't just send it off, I have to choose an Authorised
> Service Provider in London to take/send it to.
>
> Now supposedly they'll all provide the same level of service but I'm
> betting that some are more equal than others.
>
> Anyone have recommendations/horror stories to share ?
>
> Simon.
>
> [1] hard disk died right in the middle of using it. Should be a
> fairly simple job to swap it out and install the OS but I'd quite
> like the disk back as there's some data I might want to get off it.

I used these people when my hard drive died (the Wandsworth office)

http://www.honeylight.co.uk/

Did a good job... ie my Mac was back and working with a new hard drive
within a couple of days. If i remember correctly they wouldn't give me
the old drive though (sent back to Apple). They may have had recovery
options but i didn't really ask as i had a very recent Time Machine
backup.

cheers

adam