Apple service providers

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Oct 7 16:50:47 BST 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 04:17:13PM +0100, Simon Wilcox wrote:

> So my macbook died[1] and I need to get it fixed under applecare.
> Seems I can't just send it off, I have to choose an Authorised Service
> Provider in London to take/send it to.
>
> Now supposedly they'll all provide the same level of service but I'm
> betting that some are more equal than others.
>
> Anyone have recommendations/horror stories to share ?

Square Group on New Oxfnord St.  Good people.  My only niggle is that
when they did a disk upgrade for me, promising to copy all my data and
settings across to the new one, they missed out important things like my
crontabs and apache config.  But then, I could restore them from backups
so didn't care much.

I also like them because if you buy their version of Applecare they do
on-site servicing, which Apple apparently no longer offer.

    You are so cynical.  And by "cynical", of course, I mean "correct".
         -- Kurt Starsinic