Perl's lack of 'in' keyword

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at
Wed Oct 8 15:47:55 BST 2008

--- On Wed, 8/10/08, Nigel Metheringham <nigel.metheringham at> wrote:

> > If anyone comes back and tell me that they think ~~
> scans nicely in
> > english
> Considering your email address I would have thought you
> would be very
> much in favour of ~~ and have a good way of pronouncing
> it....

Ooh!  Nigel versus Nigel and Nigel wins!

Seriously, though ... when I first saw the regex binding operator "=~", I thought the same thing.  Now I don't even blink.  If people find smart match useful enough, this operator will become so commonplace that many might complain, but few will be worried about it.

Buy the book         -
Tech blog            -
Twitter              -
Official Perl 6 Wiki -