Apple service providers

Chris Devers cdevers at pobox.com
Fri Oct 10 13:06:20 BST 2008

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008, Peter Haworth wrote:

> Why bother putting a replacement in? When I sent my wife's PC to Dell
> for repair, they actually suggested that I remove the disk first. This
> was to avoid the embarrassment of accidental data loss during overly
> zealous trouble shooting.

Run it by the repair place before you do this.

The offsite facility Apple uses for repairs (which also does repairs for
several other companies) refuses to work on "incomplete" machines.

Keeping the original around to drop in before a repair can avoid hassle.

Yes, this is stupid.

But there it is.

--
Chris Devers