Pub for tomorrow?

Kake L Pugh kake at
Fri Nov 28 17:06:46 GMT 2008

On Fri 28 Nov 2008, James Laver <james.laver at> wrote:
> Beer is dark and foamy and good, not light, fizzy and 'superchilled'.

Speaking of beer... it's the season for Fuller's London Porter!

Although this is available in bottles all year round, the bottled
version's not a patch on the cask version.  Some of us had it from the
cask at the George IV in Chiswick last night, and it's also been
recently sighted at the Mad Hatter just south of Blackfriars Bridge
and at the Red Lion in Ealing.,_W4_2DR,_SE1_9NY,_W5_5RA

It's also apparently very nearly the season for Shepherd Neame
Original Porter, which I believe is available from 1 December until
February - if anyone sees it, do let me know.