Pub for tomorrow?

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Fri Nov 28 23:46:55 GMT 2008

James Laver wrote:
> I don't believe I've ever seen you drink beer, Martin.
>
> Beer is dark and foamy and good, not light, fizzy and 'superchilled'.
> Unless you think conditions outside count as 'summer', and looking out
> of a window in the City, I can't agree...

That's because I mostly don't drink beer.  If I wanted to toss sour,
astringic liquid down my throat, I'd do it properly and suck on a
lemon.  There's a few exceptions, like double chocolate stout, and
banana bread beer, and waggle dance, but mostly it just tastes like what
you get if you pour warm water and a dash of fairy liquid into a
recently used and, not yet washed, roasting tin, then swill it around,
sieve, pour and serve.