[ANNOUNCE] December social - Bridge House, SE1 - Thurs 4 Dec

Kake L Pugh kake at earth.li
Mon Dec 1 14:57:40 GMT 2008

Hello!  The December social of the London Perlmongers is this Thursday,
4th December.  We're going back to the Bridge House, which is the
Adnams place at the south end of Tower Bridge.  We have the upstairs
function room booked from 6:30pm.

It's a short walk from both London Bridge and Tower Hill stations.  People
who prefer buses have the choice of the RV1, 42, 47, 78, 188, 343, or 381.

Maps, more info, etc:
  http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Bridge_House,_SE1_2UP

The pub has a full range of well-kept Adnams beers, Aspall cider, and
good food.  The upstairs bar will be staffed for us.

Standard blurb:

Social meets are a chance for the various members of the group to meet
up face to face and chat with each other about things - both Perl and
non-Perl - and newcomers are more than welcome.  The monthly meets tend to
be bigger than the other ad hoc meetings that take place at other times,
and we make sure that they're in easy to get to locations and the pub
serves food (meaning that people can eat in the bar if they want to).
They normally start around 6.30pm (or whenever people get there after
work) and a group tends to be left come closing time.

If you're a newcomer or other first timer (even if you've been lurking
on the mailing list or on IRC) then please seek Leon out - we have a
tradition that the leader of this motley crew buys the new people a
drink (orange or not, either's fine) and introduces them to people.