Perl is dead

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 15:40:47 GMT 2008

----- Original Message ----

> From: Simon Wilcox <essuu at ourshack.com>

> So fixing use.perl is what we need to do. That will only happen with pudge's
> active involvement.
>
> Does anyone know if he's interested in doing this ?

I don't know, but use.perl has always been a testbed for new slashdot features.  I can't say I know anything about slashcode, but features that we build in just to fix problems there would have the potential to impact slashdot.  I can't see pudge getting too excited about that (and for good reason).  Who knows?  Maybe there's some incredible plugin architecture which allows you to scrap most of the current 1995-era functionality/look-and-feel without sacrificing content?

Cheers,
Ovid
--
Buy the book         - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/