Perl is Alive! (Dispatch war rocket AJAX...)

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at
Wed Dec 10 10:26:50 GMT 2008

2008/12/10 Nigel Hamilton <nigel at>:
> Well I'm glad that this is only the situation in your mind. Because in the
> real world The Perl Foundation owns the trademark and they hold it for the
> benefit of the community - Tom does not own the goodwill in Perl.

The law isn't physically real either - it's just a bunch rules that
may or may not be applied
depending on a wide variety of things including but not limited to the
moods of parties involved,
previous actions of all involved, and importantly at least 2 useful
parties giving half a jot.. which I'm afraid we're still 2 short of.