Perl Christmas Quiz

James Laver james.laver at
Tue Dec 16 19:08:18 GMT 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Paul Makepeace <paulm at> wrote:
> This concatenates the repeated elements into e.g. a single string. Try
> adding some extra fields in your test data and you'll end up with
> something like,
> ['q', 'pp', 'n']
> rather than
> Slightly oddly, IMO, python doesn't have a 'flatten' function.

With all of these code-based things going on, I'm inclined to suggest
a more disturbing challenge - overcomplicating "hello world"

Here's my pitiful first attempt:

sub make_hello_sayer { sub { printf "hello %s\n", shift; } }
my $sayer = make_hello_sayer();

I'm looking forward to the first entry that combines regexen with some
sort of tie.

Let the games begin.