It Shines! It Shines!

James Laver james.laver at
Thu Dec 18 16:47:36 GMT 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Andy Wardley <abw at> wrote:
> Hmm... it appears to work OK for me on FF (3.0.4 Mac)
> I've explicitly added a white background to the #body div on top to see if
> that helps.  But I'm playing blind here so you'll need to be my eyes.
>> Oh, and it works fine for me without the fix in IE7, I assume IE6 is
>> equally ignorant of CSS standards in this respect.
> I must admit, I've only just looked at the site for the first time on IE6
> and
> IE7 (sorry, I was too busy punching myself in the face to get around to it
> :-)
> Imagine my great surprise and considerable relief to see that it looked OK
> (apart from a minor wrap-around issue in the menu bar, which is now fixed).
> I mean, I like to think I know a bit about browser friendly markup, but
> really, that's unheard of!  I can only assume that somewhere else in the
> world, a number of cute and fluffy kittens were put to death in rather
> unpleasant circumstances in order to balance the karma in the universe.
> Happy days!  Unless you're a fluffy kitten, of course.

I encountered that one on 3.0.4/WinXP (or if you're a fan of UA
strings: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:
Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4).

Anyway, you have the fix in my previous email if you do manage to
replicate it. More than likely it's some lovely quirk of windows.
Hateful Software!