Emergency (or regular?) social?

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 21:12:53 GMT 2008

On 2008-12-18 20:40, "David Cantrell" <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:

> We do now!
>
> Seeing that no-one will be working on that day or the day after, I've
> decided that we'll go a bit further afield this time, and visit this
> pub:
>   http://www.thedorsetlewes.com/

No-one? Two of us will be playing scrabble in^W^W^Wattending^Wworking from
the office at $current_work on the second.

> It is in zone 94.  Unfortunately because TfL hate people in south
> London, travelcards aren't available.
>
> The social will be preceded by a short Walk in the Countryside (if the
> weather is good), which I for one will need, to blow all the fuzziness
> out of my head from partying the night before.  This will be from Glynde
> to the pub.  Map here:
>   http://www.streetmap.co.uk/idl.srf?X=543915&Y=109500&A=Y&Z=120&lm=1

I'm told by some london.pmers that nothing exists north of Watford or south
of Wimbledon. Surely, then, these maps are fantasy?

After a quick investigation, I've found tickets are £19.10 for an off-peak
walk-on train fare, which isn't unreasonable. Trains go from victoria or
london bridge through brighton or lewes to glynde.

Further details please. I might pop along.

--James