Emergency (or regular?) social?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Dec 18 20:40:11 GMT 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 04:45:37PM +0000, Dave Cross wrote:

> The heretics meeting will be on January 1st.

Please pay no attention to the DEVILS in our midst.  All right-minded
perl-mongers know that our OFFICIAL, ORTHODOX meetings are on the first
Thursday of the month, and consequently there will be one on Jan 1st.
It is vilest HERESY to believe that official meetings are on the day
after the first Wednesday of the month.

> Unfortunately we don't currently have venues for either of these meetings.

We do now!

Seeing that no-one will be working on that day or the day after, I've
decided that we'll go a bit further afield this time, and visit this
pub:
  http://www.thedorsetlewes.com/

It is in zone 94.  Unfortunately because TfL hate people in south
London, travelcards aren't available.

The social will be preceded by a short Walk in the Countryside (if the
weather is good), which I for one will need, to blow all the fuzziness
out of my head from partying the night before.  This will be from Glynde
to the pub.  Map here:
  http://www.streetmap.co.uk/idl.srf?X=543915&Y=109500&A=Y&Z=120&lm=1

    I apologize if I offended you personally,
    I intended to do it professionally.
        -- Steve Champeon, on the nanog list