Mobile broadband

Denny london.pm at metamathics.org
Fri Dec 19 10:35:46 GMT 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 14:57 +0900, Simon Cozens wrote:
> Anyone got any experience of mobile broadband providers? Any good ones,
> good deals, horror stories, don't-use-this-if-you-have-a-Mac stories,
> etc.?

My girlfriend has a Vodafone contract, with a 5GB cap (I think the only
people who offer higher than that are 3, who have a 7GB deal).  The
modem was free with the contract, I think the monthly fee is £30 but
pricing tends to shift around a lot anyway.  She says it's very fast,
and up until this month she found the cap adequate if not brilliant.

(This month she blew through it in the first 8 days, but I suspect
Windows Update might be responsible for that, having re-enabled itself
without permission.)