Mobile broadband

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Fri Dec 19 11:37:47 GMT 2008

Simon Cozens wrote:

> Anyone got any experience of mobile broadband providers? Any good ones,
> good deals, horror stories, don't-use-this-if-you-have-a-Mac stories,
> etc.?

I have a t-mobile dongle thing which is OK but they have a trans-proxy
on the web interface which compresses images and inserts javascript into
the page to allow you to click them for the full resolution.

Unfortunately this f**ks up a good proportion of sites that make
anything more than cursory use of javascript.

The solution seems to be to tunnel your web browsing across a vpn to
your server and out from there.

S.