My New Job (Was: Social Thurs 8 Jan 2009)

Robert Shiels robert at se71.org
Tue Jan 6 10:09:52 GMT 2009

David Cantrell wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 02:56:02PM +0000, Jasper wrote:
>

> And please assemble your mechano *carefully*!  I've seen two foldy
> things spontaneously fold themselves, both times mere feet in front of
> rather large vehicles.

The Brompton has a rather clever feature in that it doesn't actually
have any firm clasp in the middle keeping it rigid. So if you hit the
front brake hard at speed, the whole bike _will_ fold in half
spontaneously. I think it's to help with the suspension, and of course
it makes it very fast to fold up.

There is a drain just outside Waterloo station which has been installed
incorrectly, so that a Brompton's front wheel can fit right into the
gaps. You only make the mistake of riding on it once though.

/R