ANNOUNCE: Dim Sum Thursday 1pm Chiswick

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 16:02:47 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Bruce Richardson <itsbruce at workshy.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 03:44:23PM +0000, James Laver wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, my feelings are clear: Pie is better than dim sum (at least
>> when in the city).
>
> I'm sure it's possible to combine the best features of dim sum and pie.
> Bob?

At risk of turning this into london.food....

Oop norf we have strange ideas of food. I was introduced to the idea
of a 'pie barm' yesterday, essentially pie in a bun.

How about dumplings topped with mash (dim sum pie in the style of
shepherds pie)  wrapped in pastry (in the style of real pie), served
in a barm?

To make Kake very happy, we can garnish it with chicken feet.

Stodge overload?

--James