Have at it

Denny london.pm at metamathics.org
Mon Jan 26 16:43:03 GMT 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 11:17 -0500, Matt Sergeant wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 22:38:40 +0000, Simon Cozens wrote:
> >
> http://www.dev411.com/blog/2009/01/14/perl-5-for-the-future-the-enlightened-perl-organization
>
> Umm, this:
>
>   << The goal is to modernize Perl 5 and make it competitive with new
> developments in programming languages, given that it's unknown when
> Christmas (the delivery date for Perl 6) will arrive >>
>
> Doesn't jive with the goals listed on: http://www.enlightenedperl.org/
> which appear to have nothing whatsoever to do with modernizing perl 5,
> but merely about promoting the values that perl 5 currently provides,
> and simplifying installation of software that works on the current perl
> 5.
>
> So which is it?

As one is written by the EPO people, and the other by some random Perl
geek, it might be safe to assume the EPO site knows best.  Unless you
have information to the contrary.

If we're going to start contradicting definitive sources with things
that people wrote on blogs, and classing them as equally valid, then the
Internet will provide us with enough material to implode every brain on
the planet.  :)

Personally, I assumed he was referring to the strong 'use Moose' push
which EPO seems to be on - would it be safe to say that Moose is a
modern approach to OO?  I've not used it personally, and am looking
forward to the tech meet around the subject.