[ANNOUNCE] London.pm technical meeting about "What is Moose and why is it the future?" on 19th Feb 2009

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Wed Jan 28 07:53:16 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 12:10:01AM +0000, Edmund von der Burg wrote:

> use the spikes to pivot the blade through the wood. NEVER cut using
> the top of the blade. (That last bit is actually important).

I'm guessing that there's more than one reason.

It's not going to be "because the bits of wood fly towards you" because they
do that on the bottom of the blade.

I assume that a big reason is because if the chain snags on the bottom,
momentum takes the chainsaw away from you. Whereas if it snags on the top,
the entire mess comes towards you rapidly.

Nicholas Clark