Have at it

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 13:54:12 GMT 2009

----- Original Message ----

> From: Abigail <abigail at abigail.be>

> > That is to say that it is increasingly becoming less about
> > "programming" at all and more about scripting or configuring whatever
> > the application framework du jour might be.
>
> Yeah, all we need now is a GUI where we can just use drag and drop
> to create our Perl programs.

No kidding :(

I just blogged about this (this example is on a DBIx::Class-derived class):  http://use.perl.org/~Ovid/journal/38356

One database table with 8 fields, two of which should be populated via triggers (but which were thoughtfully shoved into the ORM layer).  The simple object which was instantiated has 255 methods defined across TWENTY SEVEN classes.  It's insane.

Cheers,
Ovid
--
Buy the book         - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/