My New Job (Was: Social Thurs 8 Jan 2009)

Aaron Crane perl at aaroncrane.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 14:14:39 GMT 2009

Abigail writes:
> Ah, yes, the French. They have T-shirts saying "Shut the fuck up and
> build some train tracks".
>
> Not in .nl. We just talk for years. Then change the plans because
[snip tale of woe]

Unlike the UK rail network, where the default position seems to be to
avoid building new lines entirely, and to repair the existing ones
only when spurred to by horrific accidents.  Instead, money we *could*
use for such things is spent on things like shareholder profits, and
repainting rolling stock every few years when the franchises rotate
owners.

Still beats flying, though.

--
Aaron Crane ** http://aaroncrane.co.uk/