How we see CVs

Bradley Dean bjdean at bjdean.id.au
Fri Apr 3 14:50:41 BST 2009

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 11:25:27AM +0100, Clark, Nicholas wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 10:44:25AM +0100, James Laver wrote:
> > [...]
> > > Provided there's a valid text/plain part, people tend not to have a
> > > problem.
> >
> > Does that include a text/plain whose content is "This is a HTML mail, please
> > bend over and use Outlook to view it"?
>
> That's spam. :-)

My favourite email was one in which:
 1. text/plain part of the mulipart/alternative email read:
    "Your email client cannot read this email"
 2. Once mutt had dumped to text/html part to text the email read:
    [email header]
    [email footer]
 3. Looking at the source revealed an email made of two images
    files.

Now if that doesn't warrant some slightly grumpy but informative feedback
to the source I don't know what does. :) Especially given that the image
parts had pretty much just textual content.

Cheerio,

 Brad

--
Bradley Dean
Software Engineer - http://bjdean.id.au/
Email: bjdean at bjdean.id.au Skype: skype at bjdean.id.au
Mobile(Aus): +61-413014395 Mobile(UK): +44-7846895073