a friday question... a saturday answer

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 18:01:42 BST 2009

On 4 Apr 2009, at 17:29, David Cantrell wrote:

> Because entropy always increases (by definition) the direction of time
> is fixed.  All you can hope to fiddle with is its speed.
>
> However, this has the distinct whiff of a circular definition about
> it,
> so I recommend forming an inter-departmental committee to discuss over
> beers the terms of reference for an inquiry into the subject.

With all things considered and individual facts appropriately
weighted, in full appreciation of the notions surrounding the question
and with assumptions carefully withheld that in due course, in the
fullness of time, when the opportunity has presented itself and been
seized, to have a full and proper investigation of the relevant facts,
perhaps a committee could advise whether such a heavy-handed approach,
that of forming a committee, would be advisable, minister.

No, *now* Humphrey.

--James