Beautiful is better than ugly

Denny 2009 at denny.me
Wed Apr 22 12:48:50 BST 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 13:38 +0200, Abigail wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 12:20:03PM +0100, Simon Wilcox wrote:
> > BTDT. Is this any better ?
> >
> > http://www.digitalcraftsmen.net/perl.org/slice.png
>
> IMO. No. Not by a long shot. It's screamy, it hurts your eyes,
> and doesn't invite you at all to stay long enough to even read
> the first words.

Interesting.  It was only when Ade knocked up that draft design that I
noticed the 'what is perl' text which has (presumably) been on the front
page of perl.org for a while now has a rather broken second sentence.

The reason I noticed is because when looking at the draft, I saw and
read that text first, due to its prominent styling and placement -
unlike on the real site where it's hidden off to one side.