Measuring power

Michael Lush mjlush at
Wed Apr 29 10:05:01 BST 2009

A frend of mine has a Power Owl

You clip the sensor round the mains power were it comes in to the
electricity meter.  I guess you could clip it round the server power cable

I'd be inclined to calibrate it against a inline power meter before use...

Michael John Lush PhD			Tel:44-1223 492626
HUGO Gene Nomenclature Committee	Email: hgnc at
European Bioinformatics Institute
Hinxton, Cambridge